UPDATE ON MAIN STREET’S RESPONSE TO THE CORONAVIRUS SITUATION
Dear Main Street Family,
We have witnessed what is happening with the rapidly developing situation with the coronavirus. The CDC states on their website that “this is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation.” However, I did not think I would be having to send an update on our response as a church so soon. We are suddenly in a new normal for a period of time that no one knows for sure how long will last. I know that some look at this crisis with skepticism. I certainly understand that. However, we must respond seriously and sincerely. As I stated in yesterday’s email, my concern for all of us is both our spiritual well-being and our physical well-being. One of the most important things we can do with our families is to reassure one another that the Lord is going to see us through this time. We especially need to reassure our children and grandchildren. After consulting with our deacons and church staff, I believe it is necessary to make these major adjustments to how we conduct our church for the foreseeable future. We will be prayerfully evaluating daily and week to week. It is also important to understand that it is possible that even more adjustments might have to be made. Again, I will let you know as soon as possible if this needs to happen. The following will be our schedule beginning this Sunday:
- SUNDAY MORNINGS: WORSHIP SERVICE ONLY AT 10:45—SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES WILL BE SUSPENDED INDEFINITLY FOR ALL AGES. No exceptions. WE WILL HAVE CHILDCARE FOR THE MORNING SERVICE KINDERGARTEN AGE DOWN. We will have music in the worship service but NO CHOIR. JR will be notifying the choir.
- SUNDAY NIGHTS: ALL SUNDAY NIGHT ACTIVITIES WILL BE SUSPENDED INDEFINITLY.
- WEDNESDAY NIGHTS: THE ONLY WEDNESDAY NIGHT ACTIVITY WILL BE THE PASTOR’S BIBLE STUDY IN THE FELLOWSHIP HALL AT 5:30PM. We are suspending Wednesday night meals and all children’s, youth, college, and choir activities. WE WILL HAVE CHILDCARE AVAILABLE FOR KINDERGARTEN AGE DOWN FOR THE BIBLE STUDY.
- IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND CHURCH, let me please encourage you to still give your offering online through our website or by US Mail. The church will continue to be open daily as normal through the week and the staff will continue doing their work.
- Also, please CHECK OUT OUR LIVESTREAM VIA THE INTERNET. This is something we will continue regardless. You can watch our service live on your computer or phone. Here are the options available for watching our service live:
Via the Facebook Page @ 10:40 A.M by going to > https://www.facebook.com/mainstreetbaptisthattiesburg/
Via the YouTube Page @ 10:40 A.M. by going to > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCwIOQdlqXP9n18M8WUtbKQ
YOU CAN ALSO WATCH THE SERVICE (WEEK DELAY) ON WDAM ABC CHANNEL.
For sure this is not a perfect plan. All of the above is subject to change at any time. I will notify you as soon as possible when any change needs to be made. We are just taking it one day at a time right now. Please remember these guidelines I mentioned to you
yesterday when you attend church:
* I am requesting all members to STOP all shaking of hands and hugging.
*If you have any kind of contagious sickness, even a cold, please stay home until you get well.
* I don’t want to discourage anyone from attending church, however, you need to consider your personal health condition before you decide to attend. PLEASE-DO NOT ATTEND CHURCH IF YOU BELIEVE YOUR HEALTH CAN BE COMPROMISED AND PUT AT RISK.
*Please bring your own hand sanitizer with you to church if you can. However, washing
your hands as needed is just as effective.
*When you have to sneeze or cough it is recommended that you do so into your elbow and not into your hands.
Let me remind you what an awesome God we have and what a wonderful Savior we have in Christ. He has promised to never leave us or forsake us. He will see our church and our families through this difficult time. I am reminded of Psalm 91:2 which says, “I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust!” Thank you for reading this long email. I am praying for you. Please pray for your church. As always, call me if I can help you with anything or if you have any questions.
P.S. Please note that the reception for Bob Jones’s 50th anniversary has been postponed.
It will be rescheduled at a later date to be announced.